1. The club shall be known as the Avon Angling Club.
2. Tickets are not transferable and are only valid on the day of purchase.
3. Permits must be carried at all times. Members must exhibit a permit if asked by a fellow member or warranted bailiff. No exceptions.
4. Fishing for brown trout commences 15th march to 6th October, both dates inclusive.
5. Brown trout and grayling under 10 inches to be returned. Bag limit of 4 fish (either brown trout or grayling).
6. Club waters are from pools immediately below Browns Bridge to the confluence with the Clyde, subject to exceptions of rule 7.
7. Restricted areas: fishing is strictly prohibited in the pools below Craig Dam, Millheugh fish pass and Fernigear fish pass. No fishing in front of Fairholm House. Fishing at Fairholm is fly only.
8. No angler to be in possession of a gaff, tailer or similar instrument.
9. Maximum hook size 10, maximum leader 6lbs (2.7kg.) breaking strain.
10. The use of lead core and fast sinking lines is strictly prohibited.
11. Any bait substance containing extracts of fish roe is banned.
12. No lighting of fires or camping by members.
13. Anglers will approach the river by recognised routes only, will close gates and bind themselves not to damage property.
14. No angler to be accompanied by a dog.
15. No set lines (ledgering), no rod rests and for the avoidance of doubt, rods must be held at all times.
16. All poaching incidents should be immediately reported to the police and AAC secretary.
17. All pollution incidents to be immediately reported to S.E.P.A telephone 0800 807060, giving details of the incident.
18. Anglers, bags, tackle and their vehicles may be searched by warranted bailiffs or the police if it is believed they are in contravention of the trout or salmon laws of Scotland.
19. Anglers must not leave any litter or discarded tackle.
20. The Avon Angling Club will not be responsible for any members personal equipment, vehicles or their contents. Members also are reminded that fishing is at their own risk, all rivers can be dangerous places and utmost care must be taken at all times.
21. Anyone fishing out with the limits of the Club waters may be prosecuted.
22. Any member or angler contravening any of the rules and regulations above may be prosecuted. In the case of members, expulsion from the club may also result.